Head Coach – Whites Lane Reserve, Glen Waverley
Phone Number: 0413874983
Club Name: Whites Lane Mulgrave Tennis Club
Company Website: https://play.tennis.com.au/whiteslanemulgravetennisclub%20
Business Location: Whites Lane Reserve, Whites Lane Reserve, 58A Watsons Rd, Glen Waverley
Vacancy Post Name: Head Coach
Educational Qualification: O Level
Required Experience: 1 – 2 Year
Application Deadline: 2021-01-11
Number of Vacancy: 1
Whites Lane Mulgrave Tennis Club is located in Glen Waverley with 6 porous (en tout cas) courts with 4 courts under lights. The club is located within walking distance of Brentwood Secondary College, Glen Waverley South Primary School and Wheelers Hill Primary School.
We have around 170 members of which more than 100 play junior or senior competition (WDTA, Victorian Pennant and Junior Pennant). Each season we typically have 12 junior, 6 senior teams and 3-4-night tennis teams. We also organise social tennis programs for members.
We strongly support Association tennis and encourage club competition, regional representation and development for Australian Ranking tournaments.
Our departing coach has been with the club 12 years, and has taken up a head coach position with a club closer to his home. We are looking for a new head coach that can:
• Conduct classes throughout the week for all ages and standards of tennis ability
• Deliver a strong junior development program, demonstrated ability to teach hot shots, transition coaching students into competition teams and support pathways to further develop players where applicable
• Offer programs that encourage greater community participation at the club and increase utilisation of club facilities, such as school holiday clinics, cardio tennis and adult tennis squads.
• Work with the club’s competition convenors to deliver activities that attract new players to their groups and promote community awareness of the club and club membership
Our strong preference is for a coach that is working only at our club, or that can demonstrate how they can effectively provide high level coaching services across more than one venue.
• High standard player with strong technical coaching skills and previous experience as a Head Coach
• Strong work ethic and commitment to the principles of customer service and building and growing the coaching business at the club in line with the club’s overall growth strategy
• Demonstrated understanding of the role of clubs and associations and development pathways and options for players
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a multicultural context and with a range of ages and abilities
• TA Club professional level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent (and proof of necessary qualifications and PI and PL insurance), or higher
• Working with children’s check and national police check
• First Aid certification
Only applications from candidates with a right to work in Australia will be considered for this role
Location: Glen Waverley
Employment status: self-employment, full-time (Monday to Friday)
Start Date: February 1st (with meetings and planning during January 2020)
Applications close: Monday January 11th
All interest coaches can contact Steve Ilett, Club Secretary for further information
T: 0413 874 983 (please leave a message if the phone is not answered)